Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking. It is important for you to read and understand the terms and conditions and as with any travel plans it is advisable for you to take out comprehensive travel insurance before you proceed with your booking.
This is a legally binding contract between the property owner, and the holidaymaker. The property owner is also referred to as “we” and “us”.
The holidaymaker is the person who signs the booking form or, in the case of online booking, the person who makes the online payment. This person is responsible for ensuring all members of the holiday party accept and adhere to these terms and conditions. The holidaymaker is also referred to as “you” and “the guest/s”
The property referred to being Halfway Cottage, St Ives.
- A booking deposit is payable within 24 hours of the provisional booking being taken. The booking is taken on a provisional basis until the deposit has been paid in full and funds cleared through the banking system (where appropriate). The booking then becomes confirmed. Until the booking is confirmed, it can be cancelled at any time without prior notice.
- A contract will come into existence when we receive your deposit payment and email you a receipt of booking for the holiday dates shown on the booking form. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- A deposit of 20% of the holiday price is payable at the time of booking unless otherwise stated. Bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday cost.
- The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than eight weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date as specified on your booking form then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and you will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent. Please be sure to note the due dates of these payments as reminders are not routinely issued.
- All cancellations must be immediately notified by telephone and then in writing by email. If you cancel your holiday more than eight weeks before it is due to start, then your deposit and payment will be returned less an administration fee of £50. If you cancel less than eight weeks prior to the holiday then the deposit will be forfeited, the full balance remains due and is not refundable unless we can re-let your week/weeks which we will endeavour to do. If we are able to re-let the week/s, we will refund your payment less the deposit (to cover any loss or discount we may have had to apply to re-let the week/s).
- We advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover you for reasons of cancellation such as illness, accident or disinclination to travel. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for the cancellation will be limited to payments made to us by you.
- The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 6 guests + 1 baby/toddler in provided cot (unless additional cots provided by the guest) and agreed at time of booking and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the apartment. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representative reserve the right to enter the apartment at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Check in normally commences from 4pm unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the apartment by 9:30am on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests. Please ensure that the there is no washing up left. Instructions for waste are provided.
- Smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments (including vaping/e-cigarettes). Candles must not be used inside the premises. This rule must be strictly adhered to and any damage caused or extra cleaning required as a result of smoking or using candles will result in the forfeiture of the damage deposit and you may be held liable for further damages if the costs incurred exceed that.
- Pets are not permitted at Halfway Cottage.
- In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
- A damage deposit of £100.00 will be requested one week before your arrival to be paid via BACS. The security deposit will be returned within one week of the end of your holiday following inspection of the property and less the cost of damages/breakages which have occurred.
- Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in the accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could advise us of them at the earliest opportunity so that things can be put right before the arrival of the next guests. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found to have occurred.
- Please lock both the doors and make sure you close the windows whenever you leave the property unoccupied.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may not in any circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge and any attempt to do so will result in instant cancellation of the booking and forfeit of any payments made.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building. Please notify us immediately of any problems and we shall endeavour to fix them as soon as possible. Please do not attempt to repair things yourselves.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the behaviour of all children under 18.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Any problem or complaint which the guest/s may have concerning their holiday should be immediately reported directly to the owners and we will endeavour to put matters right.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- Guests must not put any fat, bleach or harsh cleaning products down the drains. Bins are provided in the bathroom/WC, please only put toilet paper in the toilets.
- This property is privately owned, is our business as well as our ‘home from home’ and has been in our family for 3 generations. We expect and ask all guests to enjoy the facilities at the cottage and all it offers and to please treat the property with the same respect that they would within their own home.